Tryst Home


The ChapelThe CharityThe Offer

Click above to view more information


The Chapel


 

The Royal Chapel of St George is one of the most prestigious parts of Windsor Castle. The chapel was built in 1475 by King Edward IV. The chapel is a private area exclusively for use by the Royal family, and Knights of the Garter. Many historical royal figures are buried there, including, King Henry VIII, George III, and the present Queens father and grandfather. Most recently Prince Edward added to the history of the chapel when he married Sophie there.

In 1983, the old floor of St George's Chapel was taken up, having been in place for some 200 years.  The floor was fragmented and packed as promotional items and sold to the New York Daily Record, but the paper went into liquidation prior to dispatch.  Of the original 2,300 pieces, over half were sold in 1997 through Majesty Magazine.

Lee Barton
lbar962@aol.com

Caravans for Kosovo
Registered Charity No.1063254

Sponsored by:

This web site was designed by Geoff Davenport, Kim Eden and Jacqui Gilfillan,
Year 2 HND Students at Nescot, Ewell, Epsom, Surrey. KT17 3DS

  E~mail Richard Salmon: salmon.richard@yahoo.com.au